Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gem City Report part 1




The Gem City Comic-Con was a great success for me, and overall a fun event. Brant and I sold copies of WANNABEZ #0 and the new digest-sized WANNABEZ #1 PREVIEW CONVENTION SKETCH EDITION. The preview sold well, as I was also doing sketches of any Wannabez character requested on the back cover for anyone who bought it. The characters requested the most were Dober-Man and Mau, and Dobie only beat out Mau by 1; however, I also did a sketch card of Mau on request (for Chuck Moore of Comic Related), so basically they tied. The only other requested character surprisingly was Whipped Potatoes, who was a character idea suggestion by a fan at Dimestore around the time we did Small Press Idol. Also, good sellers were prints of Admiral Ackbar, and sketch cards... where I drew a couple of characters for the first time, including Conan.

More to report later!

Scott



No comments: