Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gem City Report Part 2










Besides the great sales at Dayton's Gem City Comic-Con, there were great friends new and old there. Mark and Jonna LeMieux were there, as were Chuck Moore, Bill and Raichal Gladman, Darren Mueller, Jackie Hernandez, Sean Collins, Bob Hickey, Kevin Hicks, John Wilson, Eric Adams, Ian Shires, and of course, my partner-in-crime on Wannabez, Mr. Brant Fowler. I also got to meet Jon Hodges, Don Kramer, and got to see one of my favorite artists who was just taking in the show as a regular attendee: Chris Sprouse (Tom Strong) and his wife Xan. OSWCC members and friends Mark, Matt, and Deanna stopped by to visit too!

There were a few possibilities around for me to get some more work, and I already started the ball rolling with a project I am really excited about if it comes to fruition. I sold an original page of art at the show, and some prints did really well too. I also donated a piece of art to the auction to benefit an animals charity, which I hope helped out as they ended up, I hear, raising about $600. And Underground Video Network interviewed me again, this time, with Brant.

Several of us in the "Comic Related" family headed out and over to Golden Corral after the show. It was a fun time.

More images of the Gem City convention from my camera can be seen here at the WANNABEZ blog!: http://wnbz.blogspot.com/2009/04/gem-city-con-aftermath.html

Scott

No comments: