Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gem City Con Coming Up



I am getting more excited about the Dayton Gem City Comic Con each day. Today, Mark LeMieux told me that he has been officially confirmed. It will be Mark's first-ever convention, and his wife Jonna's second, as she was part of Team Wannabez, dressing up as Mau for me and Brant at last year's Mid-Ohio Con. It's been awesome seeing Mark's sketches come through e-mail to me and I have seen some great unique stuff that I think people will love. They are supposed to have a table right next to mine, and that will be so much fun. I can't wait to introduce them to everyone, and Jonna knows both Brant and Chuck from Mid-Ohio.

A bunch of other friends old and new will be there as well, and if you have a chance to stop up and say hi, please do! Chuck Moore, Bill Gladman, John Wilson, Darren and Krista Mueller, Jackie Hernandez, Eric Adams, Bob Hickey, Chuck Kennedy, Brant and myself will all be there.... most of us with tables! There are also many others I haven't met in person yet from Comic Related who will be there as well, and I can't imagine how fun it would be if we all did dinner together afterwards... plus, I'd be curious if any one place could hold all of us! (Bill Gladman gives a run-down of who in the Comic Related family will be there in his Life in Four Colors column)

In addition to some Wannabez and my own Angelwolf Comics stuff, I will have sketches, sketch cards, and maybe some other original art for sale. I'll have portfolios out showing pages from upcoming projects, some of which are completed but just haven't been released yet by the writer or publisher. I'll be able to do any sketch card request for my very reasonable low price, and have found that to be one of my favorite things to do at shows like OSWCC and KSWCC last year.

If I hear where exactly I am in the hall or in a room, I will let you know here in the news blog, via e-mail (if I have your e-mail) and in my forum at Comic Related.

Dayton Ohio's Gem City Comic Con runs 10-5 Sunday April 5th. More information can be found at http://www.gemcitycomiccon.com

And here is a link to Mark's website, where you can see some of his illustration style and also some of his sculpture work! http://www.platypusproductions.net/

Scott

No comments: