Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grandma's 90th Birthday



As part of my grandmother's birthday celebration today (she turned 90 this year), I drew up some characters she has been wanting me to draw again. Every time I have visited her since she moved back to Cincinnati, she has mentioned how much she used to love my old comic strip.

When I was 11, I started a comic strip called "ANDREW" at the local newspaper (The Bethel Journal) and continued to do it almost weekly for seven years, until I graduated from high school. I stopped the strip because I never got paid for it, and I just decided to move on with something different when I went to college.

Andrew was pretty much an analogue of me so the character was an artist, went to school, yearned for a car when his bike started falling apart, did chores on a farm, and went on dates that didn't always go well. His girlfriend, Linda, was a cute redhead who loved baseball. Anyways, I plan on doing something with them again, and it was nice to draw them up again as a surprise for my grandma.

Scott

No comments: