Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

January update



Exciting things have been happening this month and year already, with some new projects for later in the year revving up already in either talks or early sketches, and some projects I have been working on winding to a close or moving on to the next chapters. I am working on finishing up DEADLY CINEMA PART ONE, and getting ready to start up with THE JENNY EVERYWHERE CHRONICLES sometime in February (and sketches for Benj's site are on the way!). I have a couple of other things going on, one small short story, a submission for a educational comic project, and a fun column I do at COMIC RELATED.... all of which I will talk about here soon, as I further recreate the news page, and get everything lined up and completed.

WANNABEZ #1 (our second issue, since #0 has been released already) is going to be next on my slate after Deadly Cinema, and we are not too far away on getting WBZ #1 finished up for a possible March release. Originally, our plan was to have it in hand for sale at MEGACON (Orlando Florida's winter comic convention), but the artist alley tables sold out before we got our registration in. Still, we are gearing up for some other shows, as we plan the year out in full. Brant and I are planning to meet up on the 24th of this month to discuss things further. In related news, I was also intending to launch my comics website around MegaCon as well, and I am still aiming to do so at the same time period... I will just have to do it without the convention as my main means of marketing.

This weekend (on Friday) I met up with the awesome people from OSWCC (The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club). I am not sure right now what all I can talk about at this time, so I will keep it on the downlow for now, but suffice it to say, that I was in on a meeting and I will be doing something art-related for the Summer Social in Columbus. VERY exciting. I also dropped off my completed COLORED Admiral Ackbar commission image for OSWCC President (and good guy!) Mark Schnack. You can see it above this post.

Scott

No comments: