Follow me on Facebook

My Personal Forums

Wannabez Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wannabez 2009



All has not been quiet on the WANNABEZ front. Brant and I e-mail on a regular basis, and also talk on the phone when we can. What is awesome as well, is how many times he and I have met up last year alone. I believe I saw him five times, and two of those times were while on trips to comic-cons together (Wizard World Chicago and Mid-Ohio Con). This month, we are planning on meeting up again in person on the 31st at Comics2Games.

As I understand it, Ross may have started greyscales on the parts of issue #1 that I have done. I am planning to have Wannabez #1 back on my slate in February (after Deadly Cinema) to finish it up. Brant did a great job writing up issue #2, and now there are a total of four scripts (with revisions possible) in the can already, taking us from #0 to #4.

So what's coming in 2009 for Wannabez? What we do know is that we would love to have at least 3 issues out this year, if not 4. I will also be doing a news series of pin-ups and posters, which will be available for sale, and on display at shows. Which shows? Well, MegaCon sold out, so it looks like the first con may be Gem City Con in Dayton. Then there is Free Comic Book Day, and that will also be something Brant and I will discuss.

Issue #0 of Wannabez is still available! You can order from us directly ( e-mail wannabez@brantfowler.com ), or if you are a retailer, you can call up Haven Distributors at 1-877-HAVEN-50 or visit them at havendistro.com !

Scott

1 comment:

Brant W. Fowler said...

Oh, forgot to tell you, Cary sent edits back, I just haven't read 'em yet. :)